ADMI 3007 FINAL EXAM (SATURDAY, MAY 21ST) 8:30-1:00PM ROOM: AE-105
REVIEW TOPICS (chapters 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 & 11)
1. What is computer literacy?
2. Steps or phases in the Information Processing Cycle
3. What is a computer?
4. What is Wi-Fi?
5. What is WiMAX?
6. How do you measure the processorís clock speed?
7. Define input, output, processing, and storage
8. What is the motherboard? Where is it located?
9. Bit vs Byte
10. How is storage measured? Know the prefixes and their meanings.
11. What is Unicode?
12. Identify Physical vs Wireless transmission media from a list
13. What is application software? System software?
14. What is a browser?
15. What is a URL?
16. Identify a URL from a list.
17. LCD vs CRT displays
18. Data vs information
19. Function of a modem
20. IP address vs domain name
21. What is the Internet?
22. What is the Internet2?
23. Who owns the Internet? (read the textbook!)
24. Hardware vs software
25. Difference between RAM and ROM
26. What is a network?
27. Why do businesses use them? (5 reasons)
28. How is data stored on an optical disc?
29. What is a virus?
30. A worm?
31. A trojan horse?
32. What is spyware?
34. What is Ergonomics?
35. What is biometrics?
36. Identify examples of biometric devices from a list.
37. Hardcopy vs softcopy
38. Printer resolution: how is it measured?
39. Analog vs digital signal
41. Cookies: What are they?
42. Cookies: What is their purpose?
43. Define computer ethics
44. Ethical decision making tests (this topic is only available on the PowerPoint presentation)
Classify hardware as input, output, or storage devices
from a list.
Which of the following is an output device? Mouse, printer, hard disk (answer: printer)